Has your iPhone 6 screen gone blank and left you unable to use it ? You may be thinking that you have to take the iPhone back to your nearest Apple store for repair or replacement but that may not be the case. Depending on what caused the screen to go blank, one of these solutions may help you out. Be aware that not all of these will work for everyone so you will need to work your way down the list in order :
Image : iPhone 6 Black Screen Problem Fix
Proximity Sensor :
Every now and then, the proximity sensor will malfunction and shut the screen off:
- Reboot your iPhone
- Open Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings
- Confirm and let your iPhone restart again
Check your iPhone is On :
This may sound daft but a few people have found that their iPhone is switched off. Hold the power button down; if you see the Apple Logo all is well. If you see the Slide to Turn Off slider, turn the iPhone off and start it up again.
Home/Power Buttons :
Hold the Home and Power buttons down simultaneously for 10 seconds or until you see the Apple Logo. If you don’t see it after 30 seconds move on to the next solution.
Charge Your iPhone :
When the iPhone battery drops below a specific percentage, it shuts down to preserve your data and settings :
- Plug it in and leave it to charge. If you see the red indicator, the battery was too low so leave it to fully charge up
- If this doesn’t work, try another charger, just to be sure
- Clean the connector port out as dust and dirt will stop it from charging
A bit drastic but it may be the only option you have. You will lose everything but you’ve been regularly backing up your data, right ?
- Connect the lightning cable to your iPhone and press the home button
- Plug the cable into your PC and launch iTunes
- A Device in Recovery message should appear, click on Restore
If your iPhone starts but doesn’t boot up, it needs to be reset:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes
- Hold down the power and home buttons together for 10 seconds
- Let go of the power button but hold the home button until the Device in Recovery message appears in iTunes
- Follow the instructions on screen to reset your iPhone
If none of these works then a visit to your nearest Apple store is the only other option.