Improving security and battery life are two of the most important things to an iPhone user. Although the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have even more security features and better battery life than any other, there is still something you can do to help improve things further.
Image : Auto Screen Lock Time Setting on iPhone 6
The auto-lock feature is available on both the iPhone and the iPad. What it does is allows you to control how long the screen stays on for when you are not using your iOS device. Obviously, the shorter the time it is set for, the quicker it will go off and the effects of this are two-fold:
- Even more security – the quicker it goes off, the quicker the passcode lock comes in making it less accessible to unauthorized use
- Improved battery life because your screen is not staying lit up for so long and background apps, Wi-Fi and data all shut off much quicker
How to Change Auto-Lock Settings on iPhone & iPad
Setting and changing the auto-lock time is dead simple and takes seconds.
- From your iPad or iPhone Home screen, open Settings
- Tap on General
- Scroll down a little and tap on Auto-Lock
- Choose from 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 minutes
- Tap on General in the top left-hand corner to go back a screen
That’s it, however long you’ve chosen is the length of time your screen will stay in when not in use. There is another option in the time settings, which is Never but, unless you never leave your iPhone or iPad unattended or it is always plugged into a charger, this setting should be avoided.
Do you use auto-lock on your iPhone or iPad ? Let us know in the comments box below