Having a phone that is locked to a particular carrier can be a nuisance, especially if you travel around a lot and want to put different SIM cards into your phone. Some carriers will unlock your phone for you, either free if your contract is up or for a small charge. There are also several places on the internet where you can pay to get your IMEI unlocked.
Samsung are a little more open-minded when it comes to allowing their users to unlock their phones without any help, so long as they know what they are doing. For those of you that have a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, here are the steps to unlock your phone. Before we begin, carrying out this procedure is done at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any damage to your phone or loss of data.
Steps to Unlock Galaxy S4 :
- Open Phone app
- Dial *#0011#
- Press Menu and then the Back button. Press Menu, KEY INPUT, 1, OK
- This opens ServiceMode. Press Menu and the Back button again
- From the main menu select option 1 Debug Screen, and then option 6 Phone Control
- Another screen will appear, select option 6 Network Lock
- From the 3 options you see choose option 3 Person Sha256 Off
- Go back to the main menu by pressing Menu and the back button again
- From the main menu choose option 6 Common
- From the next menu choose option 6 NV Rebuild
- You will now get a message telling you that there is a Golden Backup. Choose option 4 Restore Backup
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 will now go through a procedure. Do not be alarmed or panic – your screen will freeze, display a black screen with a blue LED and both of the capacitive button lit up. It will then reboot itself.
Once complete you should have a phone that is permanently carrier unlocked.Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Nathan on - 28 June 2013