Those of you who use Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak their iOS devices will be pleased to learn that it has just been updated to v2.9.10 to support iOS 6.1.2. If you are using any iOS device on the A5 chip you won’t be able to use Sn0wbreeze but you can use evasi0n – go to our How-to jailbreak tutorial . It is also worth noting that Sn0wbreeze, developed by iH8sn0w, is only for Windows users – it will not work on Mac computers. For those who want to use Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak their device untethered, follow our step by step guide .
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 using Sn0wbreeze :
- Download iOS 6.1.2 from here.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.11 from iH8sn0w’s GitHub page. Windows 8 users must download, if you haven’t already done so, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – you can install it from here. Make sure you save Sn0wbreeze where you can find it again – your desktop is a good place.
- Connect your device to your computer, making sure that it is running on a firmware that is supported – Apple TV 2 should be on no more than 5.2 and for everything else, Sn0wbreeze supports up to 6.1.2.
- Open up and run Sn0wbreeze.
- On the screen that appears click on the Next button, then on Browse for an IPSW. Pick the firmware that your device is running on.
- Sn0wbreeze should identify the IPSW; click on Next and then sect Simple Mode.
- Let Sn0wbreeze do its work – this will take a little while so, unless you are asked to don’t touch anything on your computer or device.
- When its complete you will get a message onscreen telling you; click on OK and follow the onscreen instruction to place your device into Pwned DFU Mode.
- When Sn0wbreeze confirms that your device is in DFU, shut down Sn0wbreeze and open up iTunes on your desktop. From the left and menu select your device.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on Restore in iTunes at the same time.
- Locate the IPSW that Sn0wbreeze created – you will find it on your desktop. Select it and iTunes will begin the restore process.
- When it’s finished you should see Cydia on your device Home Screen.
Follow these steps exactly and your device should now be jailbroken, untethered. Thanks to the hard work of evad3rs and developers like iH8sn0w, and contrary to popular belief jailbreaking is well and truly alive and kicking.Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Filip on - 24 February 2013