Sn0wbreeze has recently received an update, bringing it to v2.9.11, making it possible to jailbreak your iPhone 4 untethered, on iOS 6.1.2. Here’s how to do it:
- Download iOS 6.1.2 from here.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.13. If you use Windows 8 make sure you have Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5. Save Sn0wbreeze to your desktop.
- Check that your iPhone 4 is on iOS 6.1.2 and connect it to your PC.
- Launch Sn0wbreeze.
- Click on Next button, Browse for an IPSW and choose the 6.1.2 IPSW.
- Click on Next > Simple Mode.
- Sn0wbreeze will now proceed to create a custom IPSW.
- A message will appear on your PC screen when it has finished so click on OK and put your iPhone 4 into Pwned DFU Mode. Instructions will be displayed on-screen.
- Sn0wbreeze will tell you when your device has entered DFU mode; close sn0wbreeze and launch iTunes. Select your iPhone 4 from the menu on the left of the screen.
- Press on Shift and click on Restore simultaneously.
- Locate the custom IPSW – on your desktop – select it and iTunes will restore your iPhone 4.
- When complete, the Cydia icon should be on your home screen.
|Share on Facebook|| |
Posted by Filip on - 29 March 2013