And, we’re ready to roll folks. After many months of waiting on our behalf and hard work from the jailbreak team, evad3rs, the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak has finally been released. The jailbreak, named evasi0n, supports a wide range of devices. If you have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 or 6.1 then you can rest assured that you will be able to use this new tool to successfully jailbreak your device.
System Requirements for Evasi0n Jailbreak :
- You need a computer running Windows XP or later , Mac OS X 10.5 or later or Linux x86 version
- iPhone 5 running on iOS 6.0 , iOS 6.0.1 , iOS 6.0.2 or iOS 6.1
- 30 pin or lightning USB cable to connect your iOS device to your computer
We’re sure you’ve all been waiting patiently so don’t let excitement get in the way of doing this properly – one missed step and it’s all been a waste of time. Right, here are your very simple instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone using evasi0n.
Steps to Use Evasi0n Jailbreak :
- Before attempting any jailbreak procedure , take precaution and backup all important data on your device using iTunes or iCloud backup . Follow the image below for iTunes backup .
- Using TinyUmbrella save your SHSH blobs . These are required during restore in case you want to turn back to older firmware .
- Download Evasi0n jailbreak for your computer – Available for Mac, Linux and Windows operating systems
- Download iOS 6.1 and use iTunes to update your iPhone 5 – Do not do this OTA update .
- Remove passcode if any
- Shut down iTunes.
- Launch evasi0n jailbreak on your computer
- Connect your iPhone 5 to the computer and allow evasi0n to recognize your iOS device
- Click on Jailbreak button , put your feet up and watch. Evasi0n will now run through the process of jailbreaking your phone
- The jailbreaking process takes a while . Standy by .
- After the jailbreak is complete you will see an icon for “Jailbreak” on your home screen with the evasion logo on it as shown below . Tap on the Evasion jailbreak icon .
- Now the evasi0n jailbreak tool on your computer will confirm “jailbreak complete” . The device will reboot and after few minutes you will see the Cydia icon .
How to Run Cydia on iOS 6.1
Tap on Cydia icon to launch it. Now choose owner among the given options of owner, a hacker or a developer. There you have it, one jailbroken iPhone 5 ready for you to customize as you see fit with tons of jailbreak apps available on Cydia . Add the following Cydia Repositories for Free App download .