If your iPhone 5 Home button is broken or not very responsive it can be a bit of a pain. If your button has stopped working it could be either a software or hardware issue and it can also happen after a jailbreak. You could try restoring or updating your device, although if you are currently using a jailbroken iPhone 5 you won’t want to be updating to iOS 6.1.3 if you can help it. Have a look at these 2 methods to try to improve the responsiveness or make your home button work again:
Method 1 : Recalibrate
- Open up a native app from your iPhone 5
- Hold down the power button until the turn off slider appears
- Let go of the power button and hold down the home button until the slider disappears and your home screen reappears.
This will recalibrate your home button and increase its responsiveness. You might be interested to know that this is all Apple employees do if you take your iPhone 5 to them with a home button issue.
Method 2 : Assistive Touch – this is available on iOS 5 or later and is an alternative to paying a bill to have a broken home button repaired.
- From your Home screen, launch the Settings app
- Tap on General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch, and tap to enable it
- You should now see a Home button at the top of your screen. Tap on it and choose what you want to do with your iPhone 5
Method 3 :
If you have a jailbroken device you could try Activator, a tweak that lets you customize gestures to use in place of the home button:
- Launch Cydia and search for Activator
- Tap to install it and then respring your iPhone
- Go into your Settings, scroll down until you find Activator and tap on it
- Configure your gestures and you are ready to use your device without a Home button.
You can also use an alternative tweak called Zephyr although that one will cost you $4.99. You can download it via Cydia as normal .Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Nathan on - 11 May 2013