Over the years, Apple’s mobile firmware, iOS, has evolved, with more and more features being added in each time. One of the top features is Personal Hotspot, a way of connecting several iOS devices to the internet without having to tether them or download reams of software. It basically converts your iPhone into a modem, although some carriers do not enable it as a standard feature.
If you want to know how to use Personal Hotspot on iOS 7 here’s how:
- First, check to see if you have the feature. Go to Settings and look for Personal Hotspots. If you can’t see it, tap on General, Cellular and look for it there. If you still can’t see it you will need to contact your carrier as it means they haven’t enabled it
- If it is there, tap on it to enable it
- Connect your iPhone and computer together
- Shut down iTunes if it automatically opens – you don’t need it for this
- Open Network Settings on your PC, your iPhone should be listed as a device in the list
- Click on your iPhone name in the list to connect . You should now have access to 3G and your iPhone becomes a modem.
This is the simple way of turning your iPhone into a modem, you can use Wi-Fi if you prefer. Just activate Wi-Fi on your PC if you haven’t already and then look in Network Settings to find your iPhone. You will need a password in order to connect in this way – you can find that in Settings > Personal Hotspot on your iPhone 5.
YouTube Video :
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Sourish