Many users are having problem jailbreakiing their iOS device powered by A4 chip that can be jailbroken on iOS 6.1.3 using Redsn0w jailbreak tool. They are frequently coming across a a problem when the jailbreak stops working with a message “Failed to Decrypt Kernel” . Follow the tutorial below to fix this issue on your Windows PC and Mac (explained below) .
Solution for PC Users :
Method 1 :
- First download Redsnow on Windows .
- To fix the problem of “Failed to Decrypt Kernel” you have to run Redsn0w in Administrator more right from the beginning . This can be done by right clicking on the redsnow icon and select Run As Administrator as shown in the image below .
- Right Click Redsn0w and select Properties. Now select Compatibility. In compatibility mode make sure there is a tick in “Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (service pack 3)”
- Now begin he iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak process by following the tutorial .
- When choosing he iOS 6 firmware make sure you are selecting he correct iOS 6 ipsw for your device .
Method 2 :
Solution for Mac OSX Users :
Since the iPhone 4 can not be jailbroken untethered on iOS 6.1.3. You can jailbreak the iPhone 4 tethered if you are willing to deal with re-boot’s that need to be done using Redsnow connected to your computer and click “Just Boot”.
- Mac, OSX users can use Redsn0w to jailbreak 6.1.3 by pointing to iOS 6.0 in Extras option .
Hope that helps to clarify, good luck and best wishes . Watch the video below for easy instructions explained .
| || ||Tweet|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Sourish