Today marks the start of WWDC 2013, which will start off with a keynote speech, introducing iOS 7. Developers will be able to get their hands on iOS 7 Download shortly afterwards when Apple releases the first iOS 7 Beta version to them. It is hoped that, all being well, iOS 7 will be made available to the public sometime in September or October, so, to make sure you are ready when it does, we are going to tell you how to upgrade your device to the latest firmware.
Note : iOS 7 Supported Devices – Link .
How to download iOS 7 :
There are 3 methods of doing it :
Method 1 – iOS 7 IPSW
- Download the beta iOS 7 IPSW firmware file to your computer . ( Now Available to Developers on iPhone Dev Centre for $99 years subscription fee )
- Open up iTunes and make sure you connect your device to your computer
- Choose your device from the list on the left of your screen
- Press on the SHIFT button and press on Update in iTunes at the same time
- Browse to the iOS 7 ipsw file downloaded in Step 1 and select it .
- iTunes will now proceed to update your device with the latest firmware.
Get iOS 7 Download Link via Email :
Method 2 – iTunes
- Open up iTunes and, using the USB cable connect your device to your PC
- Choose your device from the list that will appear
- Go to the Navigation menu and click on Help > Check for Updates
- iTunes will now download the required firmware file
Method 3 – OTA
This is the best way to upgrade your device firmware, however, if you are intending to jailbreak, its best to use one of the other methods as this one tends to interfere with the jailbreak utilities.
- On your device Home screen – tap on Settings > General > Software Update
- Ensure that your device has a working Wi-Fi connection and is connected to the internet
- Your device will now look for any upgrades to your firmware and will inform you if there are any
- Choose to download and your device will be upgraded. It will restart once the installation is complete.
So, there you have it, 3 easy ways to upgrade your firmware to iOS 7, when it becomes available. Please do not rush to go looking for it just yet; when it is released it will only be for developers initially. We will keep you informed of when it is going to be released to the public. Subscribe with your email address below to get the updates via email .
iOS 7 At a Glance :
- Download iOS 7 ipsw
- How to Install iOS 7
- iOS 7 Features
- iOS 7 Supported Apple devices
- Downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6
- iOS 7 vs iOS 6 Difference
iOS 7 Features : Full UnCut Video Release :
|Share on Facebook|| |
Posted by Pete on - 10 June 2013