iOS 6.1.4 has just been released as a minor update for the speakerphone on the iPhone 5. It is not available on any other iOS device at this time. The speakerphone profile has been updated to improve on audio quality and Apple make no mention of anything else included in the 11.5mb update.
If you have a jailbroken iPhone 5 and wish to remain that way, do not download this update. As most will already know, evasi0n now only supports up to and including 6.1.2 firmware, since Apple shut down the exploits in the next update.
The update is only a minor one, possibly because all efforts have been directed into getting iOS 7 off the ground in time. IOS 7 is set to be a complete change in design with a flatter, more 2D look. Staff resources have been directed to iOS 7 from other projects to try to get it up and running by June when it is due for preview at the WWDC.
If you do want to update your iPhone 5 t the new firmware there are 3 ways to do it:
- Open your Settings app and tap on General.
- Select Software Update
- Your iPhone 5 will now detect if there is an update and will tell you what it is and what it is for – tap on Download and Install
- Make sure you are connected via Wi-Fi and tap OK
- Your download will begin. When finished you will be asked if you want to install now or later, tap on Install to do it now
- When it has finished your iPhone 5 will restart on the new firmware.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes before you begin
- Connect your iPhone 5 to your computer using the USB cable
- When iTunes opens, select your iPhone 5 from the list under Devices
- Select Check for Update
- Select Download and Update
- Do not disconnect your iPhone 5 while it is updating. When complete, your iPhone 5 will restart and will be running 6.1.4
- Download the 6.1.4 IPSW from one of these links depending on the iPhone 5 you have: iPhone 5 GSM , iPhone 5 CDMA
- Now connect your iPhone 5 to your computer with the USB cable and wait for iTunes to open
- Select your device form the drop-down menu
- Hold down Shift (Mac Users hold down Option) and click on Update at the same time
- Point iTunes to the IPSW file you downloaded and click on Choose
- iTunes will now begin the update. When it has finished it will restart your iPhone 5 onto the new firmware.
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Pete on - 3 May 2013