As we are all aware, there will be no official untethered iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak. If you have upgraded and really want to jailbreak your device, you can if you have a pre A5 device. Anything newer cannot be downgraded or jailbroken so you will just have to wait it out until the next one comes along, most likely with iOS 7.
Those of you that do qualify can use sn0wbreeze to downgrade back to 6.1.2 and jailbreak that way. It works by building you a custom IPSW that is already jailbroken and restoring your idevice with it. Here’s how to do it:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 4
- iPod touch 4G
- iPad Original
- iPod touch 3G
You will need to have saved your SHSH blobs for 6.1.2 as, without them, you cannot downgrade.
- Download the iOS 6.1.2 IPSW
- Download the latest version of Snowbreeze
- Open and run Sn0wbreeze on your desktop
- Select and click the blue arrow
- Point Sn0wbreeze to the IPSW you downloaded
- Using the IPSW sn0wbreeze will detect and identify your iOS device. Select the blue arrow
- Click iFaith Mode from the list that appears on your screen and click on OK
- Now you need to locate your 6.1.2 SHSH blobs
- Once done Sn0wbreeze will begin to make you a custom IPSW and will save it to your desktop
- You will be asked to put your device into DFU mode – follow the on-screen instructions carefully
- Once your device is safely in DFU you can shut down Sn0wbreeze and open up iTunes
- You will be confronted with an iTunes message regarding a device in recovery mode – hold down the Shift key and click restore at the same time
- Point to the custom IPSW file and iTunes will begin the task of restoring your device
When your device has been successfully restored it will be to a jailbroken state.