Millions of people took advantage of the brand new jailbreak tool, evasi0n, when it was released in February and huge sighs of relief were breathed when 2 subsequent iOS updates did not affect it in any way. However, that changed with iOS 6.1.3 , with Apple effectively closing down Evasi0n. However, for those that have a pre-A5 device who have inadvertently upgraded to iOS 6.1.3, iFaith can be used to downgrade to iOS 6.1.2. Here’s how to do it:
- Download the latest version of iFaith, extract to desktop and right-click on it to run as administrator
- From the main iFaith screen select Show Available SHSH cashes on server.
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to your computer
- Choose the correct blob for your device and click Download.
- Click on Build, Signed, IPSW w/Blobs and let the SHSH blobs
- iFaith will now begin to build your custom IPSW
- When complete you will need to place your device into DFU. Select and click on iREB and download it
- Right click on iREB and run as administrator; it will now place your device into DFU mode
- When this has been done successfully hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on Restore in iTunes
- Point to the custom IPSW
- iTunes will now restore your device to iOS 6.1.2 allowing you to jailbreak using Evasi0n again.
- If you need any help in jailbreaking your device, check out our tutorials.
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Sourish