A few days ago Apple released iOS 6.1.3 which has effectively shut down the evasi0n jailbreak after it patched 4 of the 5 exploits used in the tool. This has also made it difficult to downgrade the firmware back to 6.1.2. Anyone that is on an A5 device cannot downgrade, even with SHSH blobs saved. For anyone who has and A4 device read on to find out how to do it:
Devices that are supported are the iPhone 4 CDMA/GSM, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4. You should already have saved your SHSH blobs using tinyumbrella 6.12.00 so make sure you know the save location of them. Please also bear in mind that Sn0wbreeze is a Windows tool; it will not work on the Mac OS X. Currently there is no process to downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 , iPad 3, iPad 4 , iPad mini, iPod touch 5 .
About Sn0wbreeze :
First released in January 2010 as a beta version, Sn0wbreeze has gone on to become of the more popular tethered jailbreak utilities. Its creator was iH8sn0w, one of the more iconic developers on the scene. Sn0wbreeze is a little less versatile than its counterpart, Redsn0w, as it will only work on the Windows operating system.
Sn0wbreeze is designed to create custom IPSWs for restore purposes and to preserve baseband where it’s needed. It will perform a tethered jailbreak on those devices that contain an A4 chip, in name the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4th Generation. Nothing older or newer than this is supported.
iOS support is as follows:
- iPhone 3GS – iOS 3.1.3 to 6.1.3
- iPhone 4 – iOS 3.1.3 to 6.1.3
- iPhone 4 – Not Supported
- iPhone 5 – Not Supported
Sn0wbreeze is kept updated by iH8sn0w and. In April, was updated to the latest version, 2.9.14, to include APTicket validation and support for a tethered jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3. While it primarily provides for a tethered jailbreak, Sn0wbreexe can be used to perform an untethered jailbreak on the iPhone 3GS with the old bootrom, i.e. the first version of that model. Subsequent models are not covered.
Steps to Downgrade using Sn0wbreeze :
- Download the newest version of Sn0wbreeze
- Extract the files to your desk top and open up the tool.
- Click on the blue arrow and then locate the 6.1.2 IPSW. If you haven’t got it, download it here.
- Click on BootRom and then the blue arrow.
- Click on iFaithMode and locate your SHSH blobs.
- Now Sn0wbreeze will build your custom IPSW
- Put your device into DFU mode by holding the Sleep button for 3 seconds then pressing on the home button at the same time for a further 10 seconds. Let go of the sleep button and continue to press the home button until your device screen goes blank.
- Open up iTunes, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and select Restore at the same time. Choose the new custom IPSW file and iTunes will begin the downgrade process.
- Once complete your device will restart on iOS 6.1.2; if you get any error messages just try the whole process again.
- To jailbreak your device, use the latest version of evasi0n. You can follow our tutorial here.
This tutorial is specially helpful if you have downloaded iOS 7 firmware and installed it in its beta stage . Beta iOS 7 firmware allows you to downgrade successfully without much hassle on the users part and no complex procedure required to achieve the downgrade process .Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Pete on - 28 March 2013