Apple have recently released iOS 6.1.3 which, in effect, has closed down the evasi0n untethered jailbreak. There is a way for some users to downgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 and continue to use evasi0n, however, this won’t work on A5 devices. It will only work on the iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4. People on those devices must make sure they have saved their SHSH blobs as you can’t proceed without them.
- Download the latest version of Redsn0w
- If you are looking to hang on to your baseband unlock you have to build a custom IPSW. This should be done with an older version of Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze. Choose the one you are going to use, download it and launch it. Go to Extras >Custom IPSW and create it. – NOTE – only for the iPhone.
- Back to the newest Redsn0w and click on Extras > SHSH blobs > Stitch.
- Locate the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW, or the custom one if necessary.
- Click on Local and locate your SHSH blobs. If you want you can go to Cydia as they will have them in their servers.
- Redsn0w will begin to create your new IPSW.
- Your device must now be put into Pwned DFU mode. On the redsn0w screen, click on Extras > Pwned DFU – make sure you follow the instructions on the screen properly.
- Open up iTunes, press the Shift key if you are Windows user or Option if you are a Mac user; click on Restore at the same time.
- Choose the relevant IPSW and iTunes will restore your device to iOS 6.1.2.
- When the process is complete you can re-jailbreak with evasion following our tutorial here.
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Posted by Nathan on - 28 March 2013